For this project you'll need some glue, a pair of scissors, flour, baking soda, a needle, some thread, a music stand, paint, a blank canvas, and a lot of imagination...

Friday, February 12, 2010

Hi, my name is Beth.  When I was little, I wanted to be a professional ice skater, an actress, a singer, a pianist, a teacher, a missionary, and an author. Now, I'm all grown up, and I've finally landed my dream job. It's more thrilling than twirling on ice, more stressful than the spotlight, takes more practice than learning sheet music, and is more rewarding than anything you could imagine! Yup, that's right... I'm a stay-at-home mom. And while I love having a clean house, cooking delicious meals for my family, hearing my daughter giggle, and watching her learn and grow, there are, hidden in the fine print, a few occupational hazards including, but not limited to, the following: poopy diapers, dirty underwear, snotty faces, Cheerios EVERYWHERE, a sink that is constantly full of dishes, and knowing as I lay my head on my pillow at night that the very next day I will have to crawl out of bed and do it ALL over again... and again... and again. 

So, in order to give some variety to what can be a monotonous job, I've decided to throw on my smock and slippers, grab a nice hot cup of fully caffeinated coffee, sharpen my scissors, clean my paint brushes, tune my instrument, and dive head first in to the world of hobbies. The intent of this blog is to chronicle my various endeavors as I search for the perfect hobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment