For this project you'll need some glue, a pair of scissors, flour, baking soda, a needle, some thread, a music stand, paint, a blank canvas, and a lot of imagination...

Friday, June 22, 2012

Paint Splash

Wow! It has been over 2 years since I have written on this blog...sorry. Since my last post a lot has happen  in our little world. Here are the highlights:

1. My husband has changed jobs, he now works as a self-contracted Courier: He delivers pharmaceuticals and office supplies (I have been able to go on his route with him a few times - it's
kind of fun as some of the places he delivers to are interesting, like the prison - creepy), he also started working as the Youth Pastor at a church here in Springfield.
  
2. We changed churches (which was a result of the Youth Pastor position)

3. I went back to school after taking a year off. I am currently attending MSU in Springfield seeking a BS in English Literature and thinking of getting a minor in Mathematics.

4. My daughter, who was not even one in my last post has turned THREE. My baby has become a little girl.

5. We bought our first car all by ourselves since being married. The black Chevy Blazer had a good run but it finally gave out and we opted for the family friendly 2011 KIA Sorento - we love it!

6. My BABY brother got married. It was a beautiful Texas wedding and I am so glad to have a new sister-in-law.

7. Finally, and perhaps the biggest change we have experienced has been the arrival of our precious baby boy, Jude Robert Lancaster (click on the link to read what his daddy wrote about him).

There are so many other things that have changed/happened since my last post but I shouldn't bore you with those now, after all, this is supposed to be a blog about my latest fascination...paint. :) more specifically color. When Seth and I go to antique stores nearly everything I see has potential with a fresh color. I find myself constantly exclaiming, "oh! I could paint that!" I'm on a mission to bring more color into our black, brown, and maroon lives.

We recently purchased a coffee table with a chalkboard center. I am planning on painting the wooden border a creamy color and then painting a colorful, but simple pattern using greens and a burnt orange. This is my first paint project in a while and I am excited to see how it turns out. Unfortunately for you, though, our camera hasn't been working properly, so you will just have to use your imagination until I can post pictures.

Until then, I will try not to let so much time pass between posts and keep up-to-date. Feel free to throw some painting ideas my way, I am always open for suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment